Hippus HandShoe Mouse ergonomic mice
An ergonomic mouse designed in close collaboration with the Erasmus University Medical Center in the Netherlands.
A traditional mouse is not made for heavy use.
Its form has not fundamentally changed since its invention by Douglas Engelbart in 1963, and no one at the time could foresee the extraordinary computerization of all sectors of the economy.
Pain, tingling, disorders and/or obstruction of the blood flow from the hand to the arm are becoming more and more commonplace.
The standard computer mouse is functional and intuitive only through a long habit acquired over the years by the hand, by far the most adaptable organ.
But most of the time:
- it is too small, requiring the thumb and ring finger to pinch it permanently to guide it with precision
- its vertical click axis force index and middle fingers to be at constant tension, a few millimeters above the buttons to avoid inadvertent clicks
- its lightness requires the wrist to be used as a pivot, making the entire weight of the forearm or arm weigh on the most sensitive part of the wrist which is the canal tunnel. Through the canal pass many nerves such as the median nerve, the irritation of which causes the carpal tunnel syndrome (80,000 surgeries in France).
So a group of mechanical engineers decided to use all the resources of the Erasmus University Medical Center in the Netherlands to rethink the mouse and invented the ergonomic "HandShoe Mouse".
Prevent Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs), including carpal tunnel syndrome
The ergonomic Handshoemouse mouse has been tested in real conditions in organizations of all sizes for almost two years: we have therefore been able to prove a significant reduction in pain and the risk of injuries typical of Musculo-Muscular Disorders. Skeletal (MSD), including the notorious carpal tunnel syndrome and other tendonitis, pain in the neck, shoulders, arms and wrists.
Right from the first grip the ergonomic Handshoemouse gives the impression that the hand floats effortlessly on the surface of the desk, fingers, wrists and forearms completely relaxed, the skin no longer rubbing against the surface of the desk.
- The patented shape of the Handshoemouse ergonomic mouse allows the hand to be supported evenly over its entire surface, avoiding any localized pressure that could be a source of trauma or block blood circulation. The hand is mechanically directed to relieve the wrist of its role as a pivot, which is no longer in contact with the desk.
- The Handshoemouse thus does not require any grip of the thumb, providing immediate and lasting relief to any user suffering, for example, from tendonitis of the thumb.
- The mouse conforms to the shape of the hand (thanks in particular to the different sizes available), it is no longer the only thumb and ring finger that move the mouse but the entire hand, with minimal force because it is well distributed.
- The axis of clicks being almost horizontal, the risk of inadvertent clicks is almost zero: the fingers therefore rest intuitively with all their weight on the mouse, which relaxes the whole hand and forearm.
- A minimal pressure is finally enough to click, participating in the relaxation of the hand throughout its use.
A mouse that fits you like a glove
In Dutch, "HandShoe" means "glove".
The Handshoemouse ergonomic mouse is therefore available in three sizes (small, medium and large) and in wireless and wired versions, so that everyone can find the mouse that fits them like a glove!
Instructions for determining the ideal size in the product sheets below.